At RDV Business Solutions we aim to provide you with a quality tax return at a competitive price and our valued expertise of tax legislation will ensure that you maximise the tax benefits.
We would like to give you notice to start arranging all your tax information as soon as possible in order for RDV to complete your tax return in a timely manner.
This means you are responsible for working out how much you can declare and claim on your tax return. You also need to be able to show how you arrived at these figures – in some cases you may be required to provide written evidence. In order to prepare an accurate tax return and support the claims you make, you need to keep careful records. The records you need to keep depend on your personal circumstances. If you are not sure, it is better to keep too many records than not enough.
If you are claiming work-related expense deductions, please be reminded that you need to satisfy the following:
- You must have spent the money and not be reimbursed.
- It must be directly related to earning their income.
- You must have a record to prove it.
This tax time, we ask you to pay particular attention to:
- claims for home office, clothing, laundry and car expenses
- ensuring a direct connection to income earnt and apportionment of private expenses
- application of substantiation exceptions – for example, even if you don’t need written evidence you will need to prove how you have estimated your costs.
Our questionnaire will assist you in gathering your tax information.
Click here to download Tax Return Questionnaire 2018
Please find our contact details below and book an appointment.
Phone: 03 8640 3700
Mailing Address: 41 Cumberland Road, Pascoe Vale, Vic, 3044